Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply high quality scientific techniques in the microbiological analysis of raw ingredients, in-process production samples, finished product testing and environmental monitoring, to ensure that all products manufactured are fit for use
- Be able to work with fellow microbiologist, with a high degree of motivation, attention to important details with clear communication to all team members. This is important due to the high degree of responsibility and working within a small group where each person is relied upon highly
- Prioritize tasks to efficiently be completed with the most accurate results, and to communicate clearly and work together in a team environment
- Product testing, Environmental testing, Raw ingredient testing
- Documentation, Project work, Troubleshooting
- Media preparation/general lab work: Housekeeping
- Communication, Teamwork.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required plus 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics), plus 2 years of laboratory experience or 4 years' experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals
- College or working in food/pharmaceutical/medical device plant or hospital/medical lab.
- Science related Associates Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics plus 1 year of related laboratory experience or 2 years' experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Science related Bachelor's Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.