Building Attendant Job Purpose:
We are hiring for a building attendant in the oxfordshire area.
This is a ull time position (37 hours per week)
This role does require an enhanced DBS check.
Building Attendant Responsibilities:
- Deal with challenging members of the public including exclusions from the building.
- Ensure a secure environment for staff and customers including opening and closing the building during opening hours and dealing with any incidents, and regular patrols of the site.
- Control of site access for public and staff meetings, acting as a point of contact for members of the public who are distressed or in need assistance. Respond to individual difference and diversity requirements.
- Report building and maintenance issues to Building Supervisor, building Management or Facilities Management ensuring they are recorded, diarised and escalated as necessary. Report MFD faults to the ICT Service Desk in a timely manner
- Manage deliveries to the site and contractors on site ensuring site security protocols are followed and contractors are escorted as required.
- Carry out first aid for staff and visitors to the building and to be responsible for carrying out emergency evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency, including evacuation chair operation.
- Assist with other related work including carrying out repairs to stock, and maintaining back files of newspapers and periodicals as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the collection and distribution of boxes of books, including frequent and repetitive movement of books and equipment between collection points and work places throughout the working day using trolleys and manual handling techniques.
- Ensure that Meeting Rooms are tidied, restocked and put back to original layout
- Work with council colleagues, assisting staff and visitors to access hot desk facilities in line with countywide agile working protocols and ensure they are aware of resource/kitchen facilities and Health & Safety protocols.
- Assist with minor office moves within the locality including movement of small quantities of furniture and equipment within those offices, using trolleys and manual handling techniques.
- Responsible for recognizing all areas of premises/building health and safety raising concerns and highlighting issues. Testing of the call points for fire alarm, panic alarms, checking of fire extinguisher placements and water checks or flushing as delegated by the Building Supervisor or Responsible Premises Manager. Act as fire coordinator and assist in building evacuation for fire and bomb alerts.
- To be flexible in supporting council services across the site and other localities as required
- Seek feedback to maintain and improve good working relationships with all staff within site and attend staff meetings as required
- Undertake relief duties in other sections of the building and at other libraries as necessary, including signposting customer enquiries to the relevant location.
If you are interested in our Building Attendant role, please get back in touch.