ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are looking for enthusiastic Cover Supervisors to add to our team of flexible supply staff in the Haverhill area.
- Variety of mainstream secondary schools in and around Haverhill.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- Potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18).
- You will have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part time flexible positions.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will be set.
- You will be managing behaviour in line with school policies.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
- Location - Haverhill
- Position - Cover Supervisor
- Type of work - flexible cover
- Contract or position start date - 1st September 2022
- Duration / Likely Duration - ongoing cover
- Contract or likely end date (if applicable) - 1 term with the possibility for extension
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £75 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience working with children or young people is desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register and have passed all safeguarding/vetting checks with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team