The Engineering Controller is responsible for leading the manufacturing units engineering activities to establish and maintain the engineering operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to a engineering team of 48 ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Develop and lead investment plans based on asset capability, capacity and commercial strategy
- Devise and deploy an engineering strategy which supports the manufacturing units strategic goals and is compliant with all company and legislative standards
- Proactively contribute to product development through the application of best available technology and automation to create efficient and sustainable manufacturing process
- Contribute to the Manufacturing/Business Unit executive team to ensure engineering solutions support delivery of the business plans
- Drive year on year improvements to deliver enhanced engineering standards aligned with manufacturing unit objectives
- Share engineering best practice within the Engineering forum to promote the exchange of learning and identify improvements for the Manufacturing Unit
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK's number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914. What we're looking for
- HND/Degree or equivalent calibre/Member of recognised professional body - IET/Mech E, ICT/Institute of Mechanical Engineering
- NEBOSH Certified
- Proven track record of leading an Engineering department
- Experience of creating a Lean enterprise culture
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success. What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.