Role Profile: Engineering/Facilities and EHS Manager
Competitive salary plus share options and company pension
The Hirer is leading the way in producing incredible decorative panels, products and furniture from 100% recycled and recyclable plastics.
Environmental sustainability is at the heart of their mission and is a core value. You will lead our environmental agenda. In addition, you will create a positive safety and process improvement culture across the business whilst ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice. By developing the Engineering/HSE strategy, policy and processes you will support the various teams in their implementation.
On the engineering side you will continuously improve efficiency through process improvement, machine utilisation improvement and work studies. You will also oversee and maintain our two premises during a period of high growth and change. You will ensure that the premises are secure and well optimised to meet business and employee needs, as well as managing the utilities, maintenance and service contracts.
This role will suit you if you have Engineering and/or facility management experience and ideally EHS management also. You'll have worked in a growing SME manufacturing environment, where you'll have been used to a multi-faceted position. You'll be innovative, analytical, abreast of key trends and be able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders in a rapidly changing environment.
Perform monitoring of processes, work studies and run process and improvement initiatives to improve productivity, EHS and compliance.
Managing repairs and monitoring systems performance
Implementation and management of a machine maintenance system.
Maintaining an adequate inventory of parts and ordering items as necessary.
Managing renovations, refurbishments, equipment transfers and site moves.
Management of budgets and accounts and taking equipment audits.
Contracting of services to ensure the smooth running of the facility
Produce and report on engineering and EHS KPI's
Manage the overall services provided within the facility
Manage the maintenance of the building by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed
Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance.
Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
Assist the team in driving positive change as a result of feedback from regular retrospectives
Assist in the building of a strong continuous improvement culture which focusses on the importance of strong relationships as well as engineering performance and output.
Regularly reviewing the engineering documentation for accuracy and completeness
Ensuring the security and data privacy goals we have as a business are enshrined in our engineering process, tools and techniques
Define, shape and implement our HSE strategy & vision, ensuring compliance in all areas
Review, develop and deliver the safety, health and environmental strategy
Work with managers to continually improve the safety, health and environment deliverables.
Lead the maintenance of our ISO14001 accreditations
Ensure rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place in order to eliminate and reduce risk
Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure the business has systems, policies and practices in place to meet legal compliance
Lead the agenda to reduce our environmental impact, delivering best practice in sustainability.
Vetting Sub-Contractors H&S and working methods
Ensure the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the Health & Safety policy manual
Oversee the investigation of reported accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences, depending on type and severity.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Recent demonstrable experience in Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental within a manufacturing SME environment.
- Bachelor's degree or HNC minimum in engineering.
- Previous mechatronic or electrical experience desirable.
- Relevant supporting HSE qualifications. A NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent as a minimum is desirable
- Proven experience in running an ISO 14001 management system.
- Proven ability in communicating, influencing and engaging with key stakeholders across the business
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills to be able to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong ICT skills, and a sound ability to work with the MS Office suite
- Experience of facilities management highly desirable
- A passion for sustainability and the environment is highly advantageous
- Share option scheme (EMI scheme)
- Excellent competitive salary
- 21 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Company contributed pension
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic business with a triple bottom line, supporting our journey to a more sustainable future
- Development opportunities including international travel
- Flexible working
We'd love to hear from you!
You may work as a Maintenance Manager, process Engineer, mechatronic technician, Facilities Management or similar.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.