Circa £25,000 per annum
Join an Innovative company in the Southampton area!
This is a new opportunity for an experience finance professional to join the accounts team of a global engineering business in Hamble, Southampton
Specialising in manufacturing for scientific, analytical and metrology industries this business are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Advisor to join their small team, working to manage Accounts Receivable, the total Sales Ledger, including Credit Control and to provide leave/sickness cover for Accounts Payable and Order Processing.
About the Role
Working in Accounts Receivable in this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures using Filemaker and Great Plains
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Reconciliation of Sales Ledger at month-end
- Monitor and control overdue customer amounts
- Provide regular updates to Financial Controller on overdue balances
- Apply relevant Credit Control procedures to overdue balances
- General administrative work including occasional distribution of post
- To provide cover for the finance team when required, including specific cover for Accounts Payable.
- To provide cover for Manufacturing Order Processing
Apply now to have a chat about this great opportunity with a leading employer.
What is in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you will be given:
- Basic salary circa £25k per annum, depending on experience and shift.
- The opportunity to upskill with training
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
- Well-being activities
- Company events and perks
- Employee referral incentive
- Peer-to-peer recognition scheme and long-term service awards
What we need from you
Whilst experience with SAP or Great Plains, as well as general knowledge of accounting procedures and any progress towards AAT qualification would be great to see, what we are primarily looking for in suitable candidates is:
- Experience in an accounts receivable environment
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include Maths
- Basic double entry knowledge
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Able to communicate well at all levels.
- Computer literate
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations, BACS and online banking procedures.
Want to hear more? Apply Now!
If you like the look of this Accounts / Finance Assistant opportunity to work for an employer who cares about your success, future-proofing your career with leading training, please get in touch today by clicking apply.