HV Contracts Engineer
Package up to £40,000 + car + attractive benefits
T2M are currently representing an engineering business based in Hamilton, to recruit a HV Contracts Engineer, to act as their High Voltage (HV) Senior Authroised Person (SAP). This opportunity would be most suited to a hungry individual with the desire to progress and develop both their knowledge and skills.
Key Duties of a HV Contracts engineer
- Provide engineering solutions for installation and maintenance projects on 11kV - 33kV distribution networks.
- Manage HV switching, isolation, and earthing of HV networks up to 33kV.
- Manage and control sub-contractors.
- Maintain company quality standards.
- Carry out on site testing and commissioning of customer HV distribution systems.
- Manage Health & Safety for the site, ensure works are carried out safely and issue correct safety documentation.
Skills and experience required for a successful Contracts Engineer
- A background or knowledge in Electrical Engineering, Power Distribution or an equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an electrical contracting environment with HV/SAP experience.
- City & Guilds in HV Operational safety.
- Health and safety qualification IOSH or equivalent.
- HV Senior Authorisation status required (e.g. DNO Authorisations, or equivalent).
- Organised with strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well under pressure.
If you are interested and would like more information, please contact