Inpatient RN - 6B Orthopedic/Post OP/Trauma UnitLocation:
Lewistown, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Nights Work Type:
GLH Orthopaedic Oncology/Medical Surgery Nursing DepartmentDate Posted:
Job Summary Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.