The De Pere Shipping Container Division, is one of twenty five (25) corrugated box plants within the company. The modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facility allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products - everything from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die cut inner pack to high graphic packaging.
The Maintenance Intern will play an integral role in supporting Green Bay Packaging - De Pere Shipping Container division. You will work closely with members of the Maintenance team to perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of mechanical and electrical. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand on their knowledge from the classroom and apply current skills.
The following details the job responsibilities that the Maintenance Intern will be performing. Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list of the job duties that may be required.
- Complete maintenance runs with company vehicle.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage rooms and work areas. Give attention to these areas in this manner when needed.
- Utilize instruments to measure voltage, current, and resistance along with operating multimeters and micrometers.
- Adhere to safety guidelines by wearing necessary PPE and following all safety measures.
- Read blueprints and schematics through identifying symbols, describing information and industrial parts, and interpreting parts and specifications.
- Use blueprints to troubleshoot equipment and devices.
- Interpret electrical schematics in order to install electrical field devices.
- Install mechanical equipment while applying assembly, wiring, and planning skills.
- Operate hand tools such as measuring, drilling, cutting, fastening, bending, and shaping devices.
- Troubleshoot electronic systems.
- Procure parts through identifying what is needed, researching options, determining the source, and documenting order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Applicant must be currently enrolled in or plan on enrolling in an electro-mechanical or related program and be working towards a minimum of a 2-year associates degree.
Candidates will work part-time during the week in a schedule that will accommodate their schoolwork and classes. Candidates will be required to work every third weekend. Opportunities for additional hours during winter and summer breaks will be available. After successful completion of their two-year degree, candidates will begin full-time employment with the company for a minimum of three years.
This position requires a self-motivated individual to work safely in a team-based system. Candidates must have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize duties, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Good troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis skills are required to make proper repairs. Preventative and predictive skills are required to keep equipment running safe and efficient. Strong communications and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire to learn, for continuous improvement, and for quality workmanship are required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Due to the part-time nature of this position, candidates will be ineligible for benefits but will have flexible work schedule to coordinate with their full-time school schedule. Tuition costs of the candidate's education will be paid by Green Bay Packaging. After successful completion of their two-year degree and acceptance of full-time role, candidate will be eligible for comprehensive benefit package.