Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
It is 4X10 night shift. Rotate every other weekend and holidays.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
Performs, interprets and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in the physician diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. Expected to utilize complex problem-solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university with 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in biology including one semester in microbiology and 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in chemistry including one semester in organic or biochemistry, which may be obtained within, or in addition to, the Bachelor's degree
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities; ability to prioritize daily work.
- Ability to adopt H3W Leadership behaviors and become a strong H3W ambassador
- Ability to comply with OSHA and applicable regulatory requirements by following established procedures in order to maintain a safe laboratory environment and to meet accreditation standards.
- Ability to be flexible as required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.