The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world's largest building materials companies.
The Plant Administrator role is based at the Lake Bridgeport plant and reports directly to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Operations Specialist, Southwest Aggregates.
The Plant Administrator will perform a variety of activities. While serving as the point of contact for customers and visitors at the site you will have you finger on the pulse of quarry activity, all the while keeping daily records of maintenance, preparing monthly reports, etc.
The Plant Administrator opportunity is perfect for the professional who is looking to develop their career within a dynamic Aggregates leader.
What you'll get to do
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts payable.
- Ensure accurate coding and consistency.
- Ensure compliance with Purchase Card Policies and reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of Payroll.
- Responsible for Energy (Fuel and Electricity) usage on the Quarry Properties.
- Responsible for Safety Records.
- Annual Refresher, New Miner, Site and Specific Training for all people all quarry site.
- Maintain Task Training Matrix with regular updates.
- Ensure Contractor compliance to Lehigh Hanson mandates.
- Ensure HAZCOM is up to date and within compliance.
- Responsible for Personnel issues on site, Vacation Tracking, LOA, New Hires - pre-employment and orientation, Termination, general benefit questions, and all other documentation for employees.
- Responsible for Weekly and Monthly Cost Estimates.
- Responsible Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reporting and reviewing for accuracy.
- Production/Sales Reports.
- Corporate Financial Reports.
- Corporate Performance Reports.
- Responsible for Corporate Transactions (Fixed Assets, Inventory, Royalties, Taxes, etc.).
- Responsible for Environmental Inspections and Administration.
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Inspections and reports.
- Environmental sampling when required.
- Provide Environmental training as necessary to ensure compliance.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Assist operations team with public relations.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Should have good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Strong leadership & organizational skills.
- Experience in SAP is preferred.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of any organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
- Be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
- Works closely with Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Engineering Personnel, Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisors and Maintenance Leads.
- SAP & Microsoft Office programs
- Construction materials industry experience
What we have to offer
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions