A diverse Northwest based engineering business, operating in the Commercial, Leisure and Residential sector. The group is experiencing a significant period of growth and are looking to recruit a competent management accountant to join the team. The successful candidate has a great opportunity to develop their career within a high entrepreneurial and ambitious environment.
Basic Salary: £40,000-£45,000, Monday to Friday 8am - 5.30pm, 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays.
Key Responsibilities - Reporting to the group head of finance - key day to day duties will include:
- Managing a dynamic accounts team of 5, to meet weekly and monthly deadlines
- Preparation of monthly financial packs for 3 companies including monthly P&L and balance sheet. Two companies operate within the construction industry and the other the Leisure, this may develop as the group continues to grow.
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time and comply with agreed standards
- Key commentary on all monthly variances and performance v budget
- Improve internal controls & processes
- Oversee all transactional processing along with bank recs, intercompany recs, and credit card analysis
- Assist in year-end audit and requests from key external stakeholders
- Weekly travel within the Northwest to report on the retail performance to key stakeholders
- Ad-hoc Director support as the role will be highly visible to group directors.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Excellent IT skills
- Good understanding of accounting software Xero
- Previous use of project management software / financial operating systems e.g., simPRO
- Able to work independently with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Able to effectively manage workload
- Have previous managerial experience - preferential
- Prior construction experience desirable - not essential
- Strong communication skills: accurate, considered, persuasive and concise
- £40,000-£45,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday 8am - 5.30pm,
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays,
- Office working - scope in the future for Hybrid working
If this position is of interest to you, please send us your CV through the link and one of our recruiters will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively, please call us on and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more detail.