Senior Fraud Manager - Digital Banking
£55,000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is an award winning bank providing a broad range of products to their customers. Well established and based in central London they are looking to recruit a Senior Fraud Manager to work within their digital platform.
The Senior Fraud Manager will manage fraud and transactional monitoring activity, alongside forward-looking fraud risk management to ensure the business is up to date with forthcoming regulatory and legislative requirements and making best use of digital technology. The goal is a highly effective fraud and transactional monitoring team in terms of quality and cost efficiency.
Responsibilities will include;
- Monitoring our fraud metrics and taking action to mitigate negative trends and attacks as well as ensuring new products and features are appropriately controlled and monitored
- Ensuring that transactional monitoring alerts are effectively and efficiently managed within SLA.
- Consulting with our borrowing and banking product teams to ensure the opportunity for fraud is minimised in the product design and the residual risk appropriately controlled
- Being part of the Operations' senior leadership team and working closely with MLRO and Fincrime teams in the development of our key Fraud and Fincrime strategy
- Closely collaborating with the Fincrime squad team to monitor and mitigate risk
- Helping to build and oversee solutions with technology at the heart of our fraud mitigation strategies to cover the various fraud typologies using automated alerts
- Primary point of contact to identify, manage & resolve various types of fraud and scams within basis point loss targets - card fraud, account takeover and authorised push payment scams
- Supporting and managing the oversight of change implementation, making prioritisation calls on those initiative
- Driving customer education and awareness content around fraud, ensuring effective warnings are in place to prevent fraudulent activity
- Working closely with the second line of defence and our MLRO to complete assurance activity, identification and remediation of any actions
- Supporting 3rd line of defence with auditing activities
- Reporting to Senior Management Committees as required and deputising for Senior Management where appropriate
ACFE Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) qualification is highly desirable.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to