Here's what you'll be doing
This is a great opportunity for a motivated analyst to join the Market Analysis team, in a large renowned organisation on our busy Energy Trading floor. The Market Analysis team are at the heart of the business' understanding of wholesale market dynamics and prices, responsible for the modelling and production of Price Forward Curves and the provision of vital market insights to both the Trading and Retail business', all whilst making real-time pricing decisions. This role is an exciting opportunity to join this analytical team and provide tangible value to the business.
- Ensuring that our Price Forward Curve models are updated to accurately reflect the current wholesale market conditions.
- Development of analytical tools/models to improve the shaping and production of Price Forward Curves.
- Maintain a deep understanding of wholesale energy markets and be recognised as an expert within the Energy Markets department and by key internal stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor the wholesale energy markets and use fundamental analysis to input into the trading decisions and strategies of both the Forward Trading and Customer Portfolio Management teams.
- Provide fundamental analysis of the UK power and gas markets, including the building of quantative models that will allow us to prepare for changes in the UK energy system.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of the End of Day and Intraday Price Forward Curves, essential in EON understanding the Profit-and-Loss of its Trading business.
- Acting as a key interface between the Retail business and Trading, providing market insights to support decision making.
- Lead the provision of regular reports and presentations to key internal stakeholders on the wholesale energy markets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders from other EON Regional Units and external service providers.
- Key operational contact for all questions relating to EON UK's Price Forward Curves.
- Support the development of the Market Analyst.
What we need from you
Essential skill requirements
- University degree or equivalent experience in a numerical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of commodity markets, ideally UK power and gas markets.
- Advanced Excel, VBA and Microsoft Office skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to deliver improvements in business-critical models.
- Hands-on approach, flexible and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy of information.
- Effective communication both verbally and in written form.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to successfully multi-task.
- Experience in a programming language - Matlab, Python or similar.
Here's what you need to know
The salary range for this role is £43,978 - £56,150.
This role is based at Westwood office in Coventry.
We have a market leading benefits package - it includes a, 26 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits
We're committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we're happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times.
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in supporting our expanding business and helping to shape the future of energy.