An experienced Senior Sommelier with over 5 years of experience is needed to join our amazing team at The Nook on Five in Cheltenham.
We're a brand new premium fine dining restaurant with an iconic vista. The Nook is Cheltenham's first ever rooftop restaurant!
Opening this autumn, our ethos is to serve fresh and innovative dishes whilst working with local suppliers to highlight their craft. We will be operating throughout the day, providing working Breakfasts, Lunches, Afternoon Tea and an A La Carte offering. We also have a Chef's Table in the kitchen!
- Building and leading a great service team that can consistently produce an unforgettable experience
- Helping the company curate an English, Traditional and Fine Wines collection to enrich the Nook's viticultural credentials
- Formulating exceptional pairings for a range of menus we will be offering throughout the year
- Overall performance of the wine list, pairings, procurement, stock management and upholding rigorous health & safety discipline
- Minimum 5 years of on-trade experience at premium hospitality venues
- Ideally, a WSET level 3 and either working towards or already obtained their WSET level 4. If these qualifications have not yet been completed, we will still consider your appointment if you can demonstrate your experience meets these standards
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to work in a supportive and collaborative environment. You will need to be organised and professional, but inspiring in your approach to both customers and staff. You will match our passion for curating memorable moments, with excellent interpersonal skills that will create a lasting impression on our guests.
- Actively supporting your development with training, career progression, and offering in-house rewards
- Restaurant vouchers
- A fully laundered uniform
- Birthdays off!
- Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Hospitality, Bar Staff, Barman, Head Waiter, Maitre D, Sommelier may also be considered for this role.