Gateway Independent Living is a semi-independent care provider for young people aged 16 -18yrs. Our mission is to support young people in their transition to adult life by providing them with the emotional, social and practical skills required for success.
We have a fabulous management and consistent staff team who provide support and care for young people from multiple different backgrounds, teaching them valuable life skills to prepare them for successful independent living.
We are seeking a senior support worker to join our 16+ 24hr residential support service based in Ilford. This is an integral role in our service delivering therapuetic support and successful outcomes for young people in our care.
This job is a full-time, lone working role, with 3 fixed shifts and sleep ins a week. ( days to be confirmed with application pack )
( please do not apply if you are unable to work nights )
You will be committed to providing an excellent level of person centred care for our young people, enthusiastic and therapuetic in your approach, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills. We are seeking someone who will grow with the organisation and be a consistent long term member of the team.
The salary for this post is £29,993 per annum which equates to £11.00 per hour.
Ideally you will have:
- At least an NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent youth related qualification ( level 5 or degree level desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years working in a senior role in a residential setting
- Excellent safeguarding experience
- A recent fully enhanced DBS ( or be prepared to have one processed with us )
- Good experience of key working with looked after children with complex caseloads
- Good standard of written work and ability to complete key working reports, care plans and progress reports
- Excellent work ethic and passion for working to progress young people to successful independence
- Good experience of UASC, gang, criminal exploitation / county lines and CSE. Including LAC / MISPER processes
- Knowledge and experience of working of substance misuse / therapeutic intervention
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and engage with young people in care
- Full drivers licence ( desirable )
A full application pack with Job Description and Person Specification will be sent when you apply for this job.
GIL is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Criminal disclosure