Vitality, Senior Test Engineer, Stockport/Bournemouth, £Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Test Engineer to join our dynamic development team. Working on product and project driven change across a number of technologies within a journey model, you will responsible for driving test solutions that ensure that our products, services, and integrations are rigorously tested and fit for purpose, providing confidence that requirements and acceptance criteria have been met.
Your responsibilities as our Senior Test Engineer will include:
- Writing high-quality feature files using BDD syntax at a story or feature level
- Creating and maintaining reusable automation test frameworks and building of automated test artifacts
- Having expert knowledge in data integration and microservices and will author new and update existing automated API acceptance tests
- Providing governance to test teams, ensuring Vitality best practise and testing standards are met?and?that test automation and regression packs are maintained
- Writing and contributing to test strategies, test plans and best practice documentation
- Participating in the Test Automation Community of Practice and mentoring and coach?Test Engineers
- Identifying process optimisation opportunities and contributing to the implementation of proposed solutions
- Maintaining a culture of agile working and continuous improvement across own business area, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership, and accountability
- Collaborating with others with a "can do" attitude to review specifications and using these agreed specifications to test effectively and efficiently using the right standards and tools
What we're looking for in our Senior Test Engineer:
- Advanced skills in test automation including creating and maintaining test frameworks and building automated tests
- Excellence in test analysis, preparation, and execution throughout the test cycle (manual and automated testing)
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Experience of testing windows and web-based applications
- Experienced in CI CD processes
- Knowledge and experience in testing Micro Services and writing automated API tests
- The ability to continuously improve and shape the testing approach to suit the testing function
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certificate or above, in Software Testing
- Tools: qTest, SQL Developer, Postman, Jenkins, BrowserStack, Visual Studio, Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Automation package: SpecFlow, C#, Selenium, Nunit
- Programming practises: Gherkin, SOLID, Page object models, BDD, TDD, GIT Flow
- Experience of working within a development team and the wider business
- Experience of software development lifecycles and testing in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in Information Technology Solutions with a high degree of business appreciation
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
It's what we call offering shared value because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Senior Test Engineer, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV, and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Closing date: Friday 14th October 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Test Engineer,thenplease click 'apply' today - we'd love to hear from you!