Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Abbott's Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
The Opportunity - Technical Services Coordinator
This position works out of our Casa Grande, AZ location in the Abbott Nutrition Division. Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480+ that works together to help nourish the world.
What You'll Work On
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Experienced professional individual contributor that works under limited supervision.
Applies subject matter knowledge in the area of Pharmaceutical/Biological Process.
Requires capacity to apply skills/knowledge within the context of specific needs or requirements.
As the Experienced professional in the Pharmaceutical/Biological Process Sub-Function, possesses well developed skills in implementing and maintaining pharmaceutical/biological processes.
Calculates and organizes all data for complex process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations.
Models processes and units operations.
Ensures proper sequence of operation and prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment.
Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, pressure and viscosity.
Services, troubleshoots, and solves engineering problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
May be responsible for corrective and preventive actions and investigation management.
High School or GED required. Associates Degree preferred
Minimum 1+ year related experience
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.