About the job
Are you a coachable, collaborative, conscientious and meticulous person with a background in Art and Design?Do you have a passion for helping all young people explore their creativity and develop their creative and artistic excellence?If so, have you ever thought about training to teach? Because if you're all the above and more, then you're perfect for our salaried teacher training programme!As an Art and Design trainee on the Grad2Teach salaried teacher training programme, you get paid to train to be a qualified teacher in 1-2 years. Your training placement will see you working as a trainee Art and Design teacher in one main school, developing your experience from support to Qualified Teacher Status. You will also be required to spend six weeks training and teaching at a contrasting school placement.Our salaried teacher training takes place during the half-term holidays. This means you can work at your school full-time, earn a full-time salary, and train to be a qualified teacher at the same time! You do not need prior school experience to train, but you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- A willingness to develop yourself
- A basic understanding of the UK education system
- A passion for helping and supporting young people
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- Good organisational skills
Sound good? What about where you'll train? Our partner school is rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted and benefits from an exceptionally well-resourced Art and Design department. You'll have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your design skills whilst also exploring new disciplines within the Art and Design curriculum. Our Salaried teacher training programme is as much about learning new skills as it is about imparting knowledge, and with Grad2Teach you're always learning as you're teaching. And, as our trainee, we're with you, supporting you, at every step of the way.So, Art and Design teachers of tomorrow, what are you waiting for? Start training to teach, get paid to do so, and start inspiring the designers of tomorrow! Trainees from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements
- Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude.
- Have a?relevant, university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification.
- Have at least one year of experience in a UK classroom
- Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
- Be able to demonstrate your resilience.
- Be able to train across all key stages to broaden your skillset.
In Training Phase 1, you will
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work on our 39-week, school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management and teaching practice
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessment observations from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Training Phase 2, you will
After successfully completing our teacher training programme, you will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status, setting you up for a career in education.